Thursday, November 26, 2015

A Tribute to My City..My Love !!!

No Mumbaikar can ever forget the Dark Night of 26/11/2008 when terrorists held our dear city to ransom. Every time I think of the day my eyes well up with hot tears of anger. Today is the Anniversary of this attack and I have penned this poem as a tribute to the City which has given me so much. Mumbai I love you and Miss You. Here is my heartfelt tribute to you.

O MY CITY MY LOVE!!!




O MY CITY MY LOVE!!

Thou, that never sleeps,

Thou that twinkles in the sheen of the stars bright,

Thou, that breathes fumes so that her children may feed tonight,

Thou, who opens thy welcome arms for one and all to pursue their dreams and follow their heart.



O MY CITY MY LOVE!!

Thou art resilient and strong,

Thou taketh every shock in stride and move on.

Quakes and Shakes, Deluge and storms, Blasts and bombings. ..But thy show goes on …

Towing the burden of the nation's coffers, Broken and mended and broken yet again…

Thou falleth and riseth on and on..



O MY CITY MY LOVE!!

I cry with you.. tears of blood .

For this day of terror I refuse to disregard,

The day, Thy core was shaken and Thy pride  shattered

Thy brave khaki protectors and innocent children massacred,

A slap on thy face a dagger through thy heart !!

A soulless faceless enemy.. And the World just watched



O MY CITY MY LOVE!!

They say forgetting the past sets you free,

In Forgiveness and Love is thy victory,

Words I say mere words are they !!

Taking the high road is not the way

Terror's fangs are merciless and ruthless

Shredding Innocent preys to bits be it Mumbai or Paris

Kill them and break them, leave no stone unturned, 
No mercy, No love, No human consideration..Total Elimination and Annihilation.. The lone solution


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem! Salute Mumbai and Mumbaikars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow once again, I didn't know about your love for Mumbai. I love Mumbai and especially the suburb from the bottom of my heart. I liked the poem but I am not a critic of poem by any standards so I will not comment on that. I felt the pain and I also know that there's not much we can do for all the evil that is out there in the world. Keep the articles coming our way, may be next time, you can write something happy and positive about Mumbai through your lens so that I can reminisce over it.

    ReplyDelete